Saturday, August 9, 2014

The WandaWay Studio - Eco Dyeing Class

Exciting News
I've just thrown open the front doors of my online classroom
Anyone can go anytime to the WandaWay to look around.
To start any class look in Classrooms in the top menu and join the one you like.


Eco Dyed Wool

                     
This coming year the WandaWay is having 4 terms of classes.

On August 20th Term 1 starts with a great class on eco dyeing.
You might have seen my recent March/April/May 2014 Rug Hooking Magazine article about this?

My Eco Dyeing article and one featuring my online classes by Paulette Hackman is in this issue

You don't need any previous dyeing experience to play with us or you can be an expert dyer, everyone is welcome. This is not traditional natural dyeing. We use the natural materials ( including rust and dirt of you please) in their whole, fresh, complete form and manipulate them to imprint permanent stains on our wool.
What transpires is wonderful. Although there is plenty of info on eco dyeing out in the universe, the wool flannel we use creates some problems and adjustments I'll steer you through.

Finding new ways to colour our wool means bringing new and unique glory to our stashes. This in turn brings even more individuality and beauty to our hooking or other wool craft.


Rust printed and overdyed wool adds splendid markings on my wonderful poppy seed head.
I admit I'm in love with this seed pod and eco dyeing started this romance.
Join us and fall in love with dye and hooking all over again

As an introductory boon and man I love giving you a boon, I'm offering a three lesson class for the cost of a two lessons one. only $50. Save $25!
The lessons are: Inside, Outside, Over Dye and will be available for 3 months from your join up date.
You only need a few household items, wool and a little harvest of the natural materials around you and dyes for Overdye.

My classes are interactive, you can have direct contact with me, ask any question about the lessons, I provide inspiration, guidance and help you with ways to improve if desired. My goal is to help you develop as an artist, not to make you a mini me! I meet you where you are and take you where you want to be.

Here is your invitation to the WandaWay Studio.

To join this wonderful Eco Dyeing Class, just go to the classroom and follow the prompts.

It would be a great idea to join the studio to keep in the know about future classes if you aren't interested in this one at no cost. All classes will be available to everyone at any time.
I'll be building up a delicious curriculum over time. I'll see you there!


Note:

If you are a current paid up member of The Welcome Mat this Eco Dyeing class costs $10. Please choose that option when signing up. If you are not a member of the Mat, you are more than welcome to join it and then join the WWS to save yourself $10 off the complete cost of class and also reap a year in the only university of rug hooking, The Welcome Mat.





No comments:

Post a Comment