Thursday, November 8, 2012

This Week's Dye Recipes + Translations

Taking a pause to look outside I was inspired by my neglected garden, a study on the slow return to nature style of horticulture.
I've used the dyes listed directly below each colour to make them.

And it has been awhile since I gave you a gift of colour here.

I hope you know I still love you even through my dreadful and conspicuous neglect.

Here is my favourite orange of all time, well at least right now.
I call it Faithful Passion
Majic Carpet Dyes 

1 part blue violet 
2 parts orange

For this 1/8th yd. of wool 
1/64 tsp. Blue Violet
1/23 tsp Orange


I think you could use most any orange and add violet to it and something somewhat similar will happen.
Cushing users try- Orange and Purple with the same ratio
Proc chem users Try Orange 233 and Violet 818 in the same ratio but add a 1/256th Magenta

Even if you don't like orange this one fits in well to most colour ways.

Go forth and dye, it is a sure fire way to kick November's Donkey, just looking at these fiery colours helps, who needs a SAD lamp when you have orange? Bask in the glow of orange.

"There is no blue without yellow and orange."
Vincent Van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment