Sunday, October 16, 2011

Saucy!

Daughter you asked and I will share with you this long held secret. Now I can die in peace.



 Cheese Sauce

3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp butter or margerine
Mash together in a pot to form a paste

Add in 1/2 tsp dry mustard if you wish, it adds tang. Do not add French's  Flavine Yellow mustard, not tranferrable
Add in some pepper.

Pour in two cups of cold milk or half and half ( dear god!) 

Heat while whisking.

It will get thick and ubbly or bubbly as I meant to say.

Let it cook for a minute on low.

Grate 2 cups of old cheddar the colour of cheetos if'n you like yours orange.

Add in and stir until melted.
 It's go time girly!
Straight to the broccoli.

Make sure the broccoli really drains well, because it tends to hold water and that is nasty to the cheese sauce, NASTY I say!

It is the food of gods.
Love your mom even if you don't like her.

2 comments:

  1. Just read your recipe. My husband asked if it was funny cheese sauce because I was laughing. I will be looking for old orange cheese next time at the market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, the tragedy of this tale is twofold.
    Child 2 decided to cheese sauce from a pkg?!? I did not know this was possible. We have sunk low.

    In Canada we don't say aged cheddar or 5 year or 2 year.
    We have mild, medium and old or the place I inhabit... extra old.
    We are messed up here.

    ReplyDelete