Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Night And Day

Here is a portion of a rug titled My Giant Arse Rug.
It depicts both the night sky and the day sky at once.
Notice the wormy application of dissenting blues.
Caused by exposure to light, some were dyed over blue and kept their colour better, others over natural did not fair so well. What were we thinking?

And now your the real show begins:
Night time is not the right time at least tonight isn't working out too well for getting hooking done.
All my working life I've been self employed. This involves some fierce motivation.
For me that requires a basic system or a routine.
It has been thus: work in house and family things in the morning, business in the afternoon.
But since I started The Welcome Mat I find I like to work better on the computer when the old brain is fresh than wait until the afternoon. I have a brief respite in the evening of intelligence too, that is good for recognizing man when he comes in. The afternoon is taken up with errands if there are any, things I didn't get out done in the morning, like hanging out laundry and if I'm lucky a bit of hooking or dyeing for myself.
So my life long routine is completely cattywhangdoodle out the window.
And I'm hooking in the night and that ain't right once Man starts back educating outdoors in September we will be separated by the glass wall of the studio during the few hours we can spend together and it be dark too now when I draw hook to wool over linen. Not good.

New Lifetime Program
walk
eat
hook
eat
compute
eat.

I can tell you I'm never going to be able to leave my computing until that late, I only like to have 12 email in my box at any given time. And sometimes the news that comes down the pike isn't always peaceful. Not good last thing before bed. This is a FAIL.


Revised New Trial Program
walk
eat
compute
eat
hook
eat
hook
compute
sleep

Ok, this seems more humane as it includes sleep and it is closer to what is going on but with the added benefit of an extra hook.

I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment