Monday, June 20, 2011

Rout it Out!


I've been spending some time going through my clothes.
You know what "they" always tell you. If you aren't using it during one year, do you need it?
So out went things I was hanging on to that I never wear. Also the worn out, the ugly and the ill fitting.

I also had a group of clothes that needed a little something something, I like to wear them but they needed help, a neck restyled, a few added belt loops, a waist nipped in, stuff like that.
This pile was a long lived one. I'd been stacking it up for quite some time. But yesterday I fired up the old Janome and got to work.
Before I was hooking I designed and made clothing for my living.
I slowly rejigged my life for hooking, and I thought I'd never sew another thing. At the time that felt good, I was sewn out.

But it was FUN yesterday to restyle these items to make them more useful and wearable.
I'm still interested in construction and garments! What good news!


Right on! Give me fabric or give me death!

4 comments:

  1. Sewing is good for the nerves! That is if you are good at it! I'll bet your creations are fabulous!
    Did you ever connect with Irene?
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie!
    You made me laugh, you know I love punnies!
    Cathy... yes finally Irene and I made contact!
    I have to wait a bit to send her the wool as we are having a postal strike right now. Thank you for all your help, you are a dear.

    ReplyDelete