Friday, March 25, 2011

Birdee/Emerson/Revelations on Man

Birdee fussed around all afternoon at hook-in until I laid this pile of wool down to show Pam what we did last week in Peggy's dyeing class. Within minutes she was calm and content, she is looking a might baleful this instant because I disturbed her with my incessant requirements for blog fodder. (If she could talk what do you think she would say?)

I think we are like this too. We get wound up and can't get that Goldilocks "just right" feeling.
I've noticed this week as I prepare taxes and wind up on the approach to Woolgathering I need to make like I need to drink and pee. I cannot endure without it. Nothing is making me as content as I want to be except creating.

On Wednesday night I produced great and lofty clouds of amazing soft and silky mohair on my drum carder and I spun it up with some Louet Icicle I dyed. I added some more to it last night and then plyed it on itself.
To do this I make a ball on my ball winder and draw the one end from the inside and one from the outside and ply them.
Then I plied up some very fine wool I'm calling " I want to be more like Lauri" to make a hat for Man because he don't care none for my bulky weight art yarn.
Here they are, see dyed icicle laying beside yarn.
I've read stories where women knit sweaters for men who wouldn't wear them and happened to hang onto the sweater and let the man go and eventually find one who appreciates it. Yes this is a cautionary tale Man because I know you read this blog.

Remember the last hat I made for him ... the "I'll wear anything you make hat"?
I had to give it to my daughter's man, he loves it. That's my boy Matt!
Don't worry you won't be watching us on an episode of Jerry Springer anytime soon.
I'm gonna try one more time.

There is a site - 6 questions to ask yourself to get the most out of life
All I could think when I saw the title was ohhh, do I have to?
There was a great quote posted there though.
“We are always getting ready to live but never living.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Find yourself a settling down place this week end, tuck yourself in and get content, just like Birdee.
Oh and wear the "fly your freak flag" hat your wife knits you. Trust me nothing looks odder than shaved legs and cycling kit. You will look normal by comparison. You once wore sandals made from car tires.... this is nothing.

PS. I think Birdee was saying: Dads me finks you has better be wearings dat hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment