Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Many Days Dyeing/ Dark Wandering Recipe

Dark Desire, a wandering
Here is the recipe:
Dark Desire
1/4 tsp Moss Green
1/4 tsp Brilliant
1/8th tsp Red Violet
2/32 Golden Brown ( Aljo) you can use equal amounts of orange and chocolate brown for close to effect.
1/4 tsp Blue


I'm spending my days dyeing. I only have to do this about 4 or 5 times a year and you know I kinda like that way. I like being single minded.
I like looking at the shelves and seeing what's missing. I like recreating something greater out of something lesser.
I like seeing all those newbies playing with the oldies on the shelves.
And they all look better for it.

NEWS FLASH- this week I'm recording most of my recipes. That's good news for you and for the Mat!
I ran through blues, greens, reds, oranges and browns today before I called it quits.

I was wondering if you knew that if you double the amount of dye in a recipe you only gain one value.

I think this is why we don't get the dark darks we need on our shelves because we never use enough dye.

Have you ever used a wandering recipe but changed your measure? Like use a toothpick instead of a /32?
Or used a 1/2 tsp.instead of a /32

Just wondering if you have played enough with getting lights and darks into your life, you need them.

"The first rule of focus is this: "Wherever you are, be there."
Anonymous





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you didn't tell me this last year or I might have missed the wonderful, instructional time I had when I flew all the way to Canada to take your class at your studio! I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. Wish I had your enthusiasm for dyeing...hmmmmm, it might take another trip in the future! Jean (Schroderus)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doubling is only one value increase? Whoa. That is food for thought!!!

    ReplyDelete