Monday, September 21, 2009

Thinking Like a Rug Hooker


In the light of day I cannot believe the conclusion I came to last night about my vogue rug.
Thinking like a designer I decided I wanted to have an area of rest, no I needed an area of rest.
Thinking like a rug hooker I deemed the only way this was possible was to cease to design or add any more design.
Thinking as a person who has skills of creativity and imagination I was shocked at my lack.
Why could I not have an area of rest as well as the last 10 of my designs on this rug ?
Of course I can. Through the skillful use of blending I can use close colours ( blue and green, or orange and yellow for instance), close values ( 6 and 8 or 2 and 4 ) or same value almost opposite colours or the same value, same colour but bright and dull to create an area of rest with designs that show in a subtle way.
So now that is what I shall do.
Take a look at the way the design shows in the gray, gold and red carpets, but still so peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment