Sunday, June 7, 2009

Paddling and Inspiration

Last night we went for a paddle in Spry Lake. It had been a tremendously windy day and there were piles of foam at the shore of the lake. I mean piles, it looked like Zsa Zsa Gabor ordered a bubble bath !

We saw a great blue and a kingfisher.
But the most amazing thing I saw was on the surface of the lake. The foam created little flat patches of bubbles. These patches made the most amazing shapes of animals and birds. I kid you not. I saw rabbits and turtle , deer and bear, loons, ravens and even people shapes. These shapes contained holes that fit in the outlines perfectly and these organic shapes enhanced the outlines.

I could clearly see where this could have provided inspiration to Norval Morrisseau and other artists of the north wood lands. All that needed to happen was a colour fill or three in each hole.
THUNDERBIRDS 1970s Norval Morrisseau

Look for inspiration EVERYWHERE !

1 comment:

  1. I do that too, I see shapes in everything. Tonight it was in the trees that I saw a whale, tale end up.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete