Sunday, January 11, 2009

Plans are sometimes flexible !

I had many things I wanted to do today on the making end.
But alas, I spent the day welcoming all my brand new members to The New Welcome Mat.
I was thrilled to do it but even though I only type one handed, I need two hands to hook or sew !!!

I'll try to do what I want tomorow. ( Famous last word's)
BTW I did not feed anyone any stones today ! LOL

We have been having very bright nights because of moon light these days.
I know I promised to post the corrections on my Moon rug but I'm too tired to get the picture taken!

Here is some old time names for the Moon's each month.
January Moon After Yule, Wolf Moon, or Old Moon
February Snow Moon or Hunger Moon
March Sap Moon, Crow Moon, or Lenten Moon
April Grass Moon or Egg Moon
May Milk Moon or Planting Moon
June Rose Moon, Flower Moon, or Strawberry Moon
July Thunder Moon or Hay Moon
August Grain Moon or Green Corn Moon
September Fruit Moon or Harvest Moon
October Harvest Moon or Hunter's Moon
November Hunter's Moon, Frosty Moon, or Beaver Moon
December Moon Before Yule or Long Night Moon.

Downright inspirational aren't they?
Here is a picture of a challenge rug I did on The Old Welcome Mat. 5 hookers had the same wool and could add or change one piece. This is what I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment