Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 27 Whole night of trying to knit !

Something in the round again tonight !
BTW did you get a load of the cool reflections in the popcorn bowl yesterday ?

Here is out trial piece of trying to do what the addi express instructions calls plain knitting but I'm calling flat knitting.... we keep dropping stitches, it is most aggravating.

I finally gave up and had Honey try it, he also had stitch hop !

I was intending to knit a shawl tonight but left my suri dream yarn and switched to turquoise cotton to better see what was happening.
That's Honey of the flat stomach you can see in the picture.

Also I have been happily giving away my decorations right off the tree as people are coming in to visit, I'm so glad I made these things !

2 comments:

  1. In order to keep the stitches from popping off, you need to add weights to the bottom edges of the piece already knitted. Look up Circular Sock Knitting on the web. Gotta have weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the help, I have an automatic idiot cord maker and it came with weights, I'll try using those. I never made the intellectual leap !
    Previous to your timely letter I had seen a lady ( youtube )using her auto sock machine and she used forks for weights.
    Those sock machine seemed much more evolved than my machine but use the same premise I guess, I'll try tonight and see what happens.
    THANK YOU !

    ReplyDelete